Thursday 29 December 2011

Christmas family style 2011


What a Beautiful Merry Christmas - surrounded by Health, Happiness, Love and Laughter our Family wishes you all -

Christmas Eve was very special because my two cousins, whom I lived with while my Mom was ill, as a child from 1 to 5 had just lost both their parents.  Kathy called me and asked what we were doing for Christmas Eve and I replied "my mother-in-law is coming, what are you doing"  Kathy replied "nothing" - her sister (and mine) Gail was arriving from Arizona at 7:30 on the 23rd so I got off the phone with her and spoke with my hubby about my two sistas being alone on Christmas Eve - Of course he said "tell those two salamis to come over - what are they going to do alone" - So I called back Kathy and invited them to Eve with the family -

I kept it simple - we had Endive with a smear of cream cheese and on top some smoked salmon with capers -
then
I placed two huge shrimps in a heart shape with a cumcumber that we had cored out and placed some shrimp horseradish dip in the middle and placed that in the middle of the heart. 

simple

a couple of olives and bob's your uncle.

then we had steamed mussels in a tomatoe wine sauce - bread (and a good crusty bread for dipping)

bbq salmon in a wine and lemon sauce

then we had king crap, lobster and huge shrimps from the oven with garlic, butter and lemon - Salad and thats it

Oh ya carmel apple cake and then shortbread cookies and chocolates -

very simple easy breezy - Beauty of it is the company - Family surrounding a table with laughter and joy - thats what its all about.

You know the recipes - JUST WANTED TO SHARE MY GREAT EXPERIENCE - LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment